Your essay needs to:
â— Give a holistic overview of the topic
â— Argue the importance of shedding light on your topic
â— Analyze the ways that your sources speak about your topic
â— Explain the conversation being had around your topic and the different approaches to that conversation
Your essay should have/use:
1. A strong introduction that includes:
a. Background information
b. Defined terms
c. An academic thesis statement (Topic+Claim+â€so what?â€)
d. Some kind of roadmap
2. PIES paragraph format for body paragraphs
3. A strong conclusion that emphasizes your â€œso what?â€
4. MLA citation style and formatting (12pt, Times New Roman font, double spaced, 1 inch margins)
5. An interesting title Essays should be edited for surface level errors to the best of your ability. Full drafts should be 4 pages minimum, Final drafts should be 6 pages minimum. Works Cited page is not included in minimum page length.
Topic : What is happening to minorities losing their job to the COVID-19 pandemic? Why is that the most vulnerable workers are people of color? How can we help them?