As a member of the software development team at your company, you have been asked to provide a plan for how your new GPS goods and services locator software application can provide automatic updates of the required data to your customers. Your task is to develop a plan, and submit it to your development team for implementation.
- Prepare a document to submit your work:
- Use Word.
- Title page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Provide a plan for the software updates:
- Identify the major steps involved in the data file update process, and identify which of the steps can be performed using scripting.
- Select an appropriate scripting language for the tasks that can be performed using scripting, and justify your selection.
- Provide well-documented script code in the selected language for at least 2 of the functions that would be used within the major scripting tasks. For example, the scripted solution may be required to receive a query from a remote computer with a date of the remote computerâ€™s data file, and the script must receive this request and determine if the remote computerâ€™s data file is current.
- Name the document yourname_ITSD327_IP5.doc.
- Submit the document for grading.