Locate a speech on VSOTD.com (Links to an external site.), YouTube (Links to an external site.) or Ted.com (Links to an external site.). This speech can be on any topic of your choosing; it can be informational or persuasive, political or academic in nature. The speech you choose should be greater than 6 minutes long for you to properly evaluate it.
Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the speakerâ€™s content and delivery. What specific things could the speaker improve on? What did you like about the speaker; why? What is the message the speaker leaves you with; how do you feel at the conclusion? If you were to deliver the speech, what would you do differently?
- Compose your submission using a word processing program (e.g. Word).
- Structure your submission in a 5-paragraph format .
- Include the citation for your speech in APA format in the body of your text, and on its own page at the end. This link (Links to an external site.) will help you format your citation into APA format.
Upload your submission to Canvas using the ‘Submit Assignment’ link in the top, right-hand corner of the page. Your submission should meet the following criteria:
- Length: 5-paragraphs are required; each paragraph includes 4 sentences at-minimum.
- Mechanics: Submission is free from spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Formatting: APA formatting is used on the body (Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1″ margins). Each new paragraph is indented.
- Organization: 5-paragraph template is utilized. Three main points are present; body paragraphs are complete and supported. Paragraphs are organized logically, and transitions help the reader move from one main point to the next.
- APA: Outside materials are cited in the body of the paper (in-text or parenthetical citations are used) and fully on a separate references page.