Please discuss at length the following questions and prompts. Be sure to type and double space your answers on a separate sheet of paper. Be sure to include direct quotations with correct MLA documentation. The documentation is 50% of the answer. Your final is due on Tuesday May 16, 2017 between 8 and 9:50 a.m., which is the time of your final exam.
- Using your notes from the introduction to Post-Colonial Theory and Literature, explain Westâ€™s role as the center during colonization, the concept of the other and the subaltern.
- Things Fall Apart is a post-colonial text which is characterized as a â€œwrite backâ€ explain what is meant by a â€˜write backâ€ and discuss why writers such as Chinua Achebe felt the need to write their own stories.
- 3In Things Fall Apart, discuss how Ikemefuna can be considered a Christ Figure.
- Anna and the King is a movie that was discussed in tandem with Things Fall Apart. During the anniversary scene Mycroft Kincaid attacks King Mongkutâ€™s wives and concubineâ€™s beliefs by calling them superstitions. How does the King counter Kincaidâ€™s attack?
- In Fences, explain how Troy Maxsonâ€™ and Rose Maxsonâ€™s marriage is a marriage of convenience or passion? (Direct Quotations and pagenumbers are needed).
- In The Narrative of Frederick Douglass explain this phrase â€œFor itâ€™s almost an unpardonable sin to teach a slave to read in this Christian country.â€ Discuss the significance of the word â€œChristian,â€ and how it relates to Olaudah Equiano and Harriet Jacobs. (Direct Quotations and page numbers needed)
- 7Discuss the conversion of Mistress Hugh. How did â€œslavery prove as injurious to her as it did me?â€ (Direct Quotations and page numbers needed)
- In â€œThe Ethics of Jim Crow,â€ discuss how you feel that it is relevant to our political discussions today. (Direct Quotations and page numbers are needed)
Bonus â€œThe Partyâ€ by Paul Laurence Dunbar takes place during the 18th century. What specific passage confirms the time period?
i have attached the full text of things fall apart and the narrative of frederick douglass
please follow the instructions