1000 Words, 3 refrences-You are about to embark on an international negotiation. You work for a multinational oil company, and your company has decided to set up a joint venture with Saudi Arabia and another one with a company in Russia. You are leading the negotiations.
- What are the 5 stages of negotiation, and how are you going to prepare for them?
- Is the preparation different with each country?
- What cultural differences do you need to be sensitive to in the process?
- For example, what would you expect from the Arab negotiator versus the Russian negotiator who are working with you, the American negotiator?
- What would be some of the political, legal, economic, and ideological issues that may come up?
- How would you manage conflict if it should come up in the negotiations?
- What decision-making process would work better with the different cultures?
- Inductive or deductive reasoning?
- Is it a personal issue or a cultural issue?