Questions 5, 6, and 7 will require you to search for the national average for food for one person. Remember to use a scholarly site for information.
· List the website(s) you visited here:
5. (3 points): What was the national average for food for a month for one person, one year ago from the date the class started? Use the average for a 35-year-old male, and if multiple figures are given for that gender and age, use the highest number.
6. (5 points): If this person lives in a state with a 7% sales tax on all food purchases, how much will they need to spend on food for one year?
7. (5 points): Create an equation you could use to calculate the cost one person spends on food for a year (assume no tax on the food), using this site. Your equation must work for any age range, and any gender now.
8. Using the internet, find a website where a linear equation is used. Using that website as a source, write a ¾ – 1 page essay response in which you discuss how the equation was used, if it was used correctly, and what solutions to the equation mean (in other words, why are you using the equation in the first place? What is the solution supposed to tell you once you find it).
Requirements for essay
· Write your essay in this document – do not save it in a separate file.
· You must clearly state your position with well-structured paragraphs using proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
· This is not an “opinion” question – you must offer evidence to support your position, using properly cited sources.
· Your answer must be between ¾-1 page in length.
· You must cite and reference at least one source (book, website, periodical) using APA format. The required website counts as one source.