Consider your own experiences with poor data management and/or unethical use of data in online marketing—or experiences you have heard about or read about—and share an example with your peers in the discussion. In your initial post, address the following:
- How does this example show the inappropriate use of data in online marketing?
- What ethical principles were violated by the marketing tactic (or tactics) in this example?
- What ethical considerations should be made to mitigate or overcome this issue?
- In what ways did data management fail to protect consumers/users?
- How can identifying these missteps aid in preventing poor data management and/or the unethical use of data?