Module 2 Ass 2
Assignment 2: Leadership Theories
Leadership theories have been the subject of many studies as philosophers attempt to define what drives leaders and what qualities make for the best leaders. The four core leadership theory groups are: trait theories, behavioral theories, contingency theories, and power and influence theories. The purpose of this assignment is to explore the various leadership styles according to the four core leadership theory groups. By discussing and critiquing the leadership styles of relevant nursing leaders as well as your own leadership styles, you will be able to develop and implement effective leadership and management skills within the workplace.
Using your textbook, the Argosy University Online Library, and/or the Internet, research the four core leadership theory groups (trait theories, behavioral theories, contingency theories, and power and influence theories). In a 2- to 3-page paper, discuss the following:
- The Four Core Leadership Theory Groups
- Identify and discuss one theory from each group
- Identify one nursing leader and his or her leadership style (from your perspective). (The nursing leader can be a historical leader or a leader in your clinical setting).
- Discuss your personal and preferred leadership style (first-person perspective is accepted for this assignment).
- Submissions Area post your responses by the due date assigned. Support your findings with examples and scholarly references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Identified and discussed the Four Core Leadership Theory Groups.||
|Identified and discussed a theory from each group.||
|Identified one nursing leader and his or her leadership style (from the student’s perspective).||
|Discussed your personal and preferred leadership style.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. APA format was used.||