Read the Final Essay assignment instructions in Week Five. Review the techniques for generating ideas discussed in Chapter 4 of Essentials of College Writing. Develop three to five ideas for your personal essay. The draft is due in Week Three, and the Final Essay is due in Week Five. In your initial post:
- Provide your three to five ideas (in list format) and a paragraph explaining how you used the techniques in Chapter 4 to come up with those ideas.
- Share what you think the key elements of a narrative are (i.e., what makes a good story work).
Your initial post must be 200 to 300 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7. In each of your responses:
- Explain which of your classmate’s ideas for a personal essay seem more intriguing and why.
- Compare the techniques your classmate used to develop his or her ideas in comparison to the techniques you chose.
- Explain why you chose the techniques you did and whether you will try your classmate’s techniques in the future.
Response posts must be 125 to 200 words in length. If you have questions about how to participate in discussions, consult “About Discussions” under the Course Home menu. You are not required to support your claims with additional scholarly materials; however, should you decide to use additional sources, make sure you properly cite any references. Refer to the Ashford Writing Center’s Citation and Reference Guide for guidelines on citing sources in APA style.