Prepare: As you prepare to write your first discussion for this week, take a few moments to do the following:
- Read the Portfolio Project assignment instructions in Week 8 (your outline is due Week 5 and your draft is due in Week 6. Your final draft is due in Week 8).
- Review the Module 4 Content for this week.
Reflect: Take time to reflect on the techniques for generating ideas.
- Think about which techniques might be more helpful for you when choosing topics.
- Develop a short list of three to five ideas to possibly write about for the topic (making a case or writing a narrative essay) you selected for the final Portfolio Project.
Write: Select two to three prompts from the list below for your initial response post.
- Provide your three to five ideas (in list format) for your Portfolio Project.
- Write a paragraph and share what you think are the key elements that should be included in an essay that makes a case or in a narrative essay, as well as how you might incorporate these elements into your final project.
- Note how you will use the strategies in your Portfolio Project.
- Describe three writing strategies you think you might incorporate into your Portfolio Project.
- Pose a question about this week’s reading to the class and your instructor.