A large part of being a responsible and evolving educator is to become what is called a “reflective practitioner”. This means educators must always take time to stop and reflect upon what they have done so they can identify areas in which to improve.
In this journal entry you will reflect upon what has been discussed thus far in this course.
- Identify the level of education in which you wish to serve (early childhood, elementar).
- Elaborate on your feelings about how the discussions in this course thus far matches your qualities and characteristics to serve in the education field.
- Has your desire to become an educator increased or decreased since the beginning of this course and what has sparked that change?
- Your journal must be 1 to 2 double-spaced pages in length.
- This is a journal assignment so, APA formatting is not required. It is still suggested that you follow the APA guidelines set down in the APA paper template (Links to an external site.) provided by the Ashford Writing Center. The more you practice APA style the better you are at it.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your journal assignment.