THESE DISCUSSION QUESTIONS!!!!!
- Infer the main reasons for the high number of government contracting invitations extended for the purpose of obtaining certified cost or pricing data. Speculate on why the invitation is the last item in the gathering of cost and pricing process. Justify your response.
- Provide two to three (2-3) examples of other strategies to use to obtain cost or pricing data in a more accurate fashion. Predict the manner in which these examples could be utilized to also save the government funds. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Imagine that a contracting office requests certified cost or pricing data related to your company, VectorCal. Speculate on what would happen to VectorCal in the long term if the cost or pricing data was defective or inaccurate. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Predict the manner in which VectorCal would absorb the certified cost or pricing data expense based on the information presented in Chapter 5. From the e-Activity, present two to three (2-3) examples of instances where companies have absorbed the certified cost or pricing data expenses similarly to your prediction of VectorCal. Speculate on what the manner in which the existing companies absorbed the certified cost or pricing data expenses bodes for the future of VectorCal
- Identify at least two factors that VectorCal uses to determine its labor costs for the creation of the navigation system that it is marketing to the government. Specify key reasons why these two factors are important in determining the labor costs for VectorCal’s navigation systems. Support your response with one example of such importance.
- From the e-Activity, speculate on key areas where most companies fall short when determining their labor costs. Suggest two (2) methods that a company CEO should use in order to reduce price labor cost inconsistencies. Support your suggestion with two (2) real-world examples.
- Compare and contrast work breakdown schedule (WBS) and Phase Diagram in terms of appropriateness and effectiveness for the VectorCal navigation system. Determine which method best serves VectorCal’s needs. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Suggest two to three (2-3) other methods that VectorCal could use to obtain labor cost data in anaccurate fashion in addition to WBS and Phase Diagram. Predict the manner in which VectorCal could use these methods to decrease the amount of government funds needed.