Why did you choose the topic for the essay, and give brief overview of what your essay will be about
Objective: To construct an essay based on the student’s interpretation and understanding of the story with the use of textual citations from the information in MLA format.
Topics: “The Yellow Wallpaper” and ” “A Rose for Emily”
- Compare and contrast two women from the short stories we have read.
- Compare depression and their significances to the characters in three of the stories we have read.
- Prove how the “Wallpaper” made the Lady go insane or free her.
- Prove how the men (in at least two stories) made a major impact on the end results of the story.
- Compare and contrast the plot developments in at least two of the stories to prove how the reader should have foretold the endings.
- Compare at least two authors and their backgrounds to prove how their lives impacted the works they created. You must also cite the works and use information from the works as well as the autobiographical information about the authors.
Construct a well-written five paragraph essay, 500 words minimum. The essay should include the specifics from one of the topics above, have MLA formatting, have a correct works cited page, include all sentence patterns that were discussed in class, and have a sound thesis which was proven with the three points presented in the essay. Each body paragraph should have at least two citations from the works suggested in the essay. The introduction must have the authors and the works listed, the thesis should be a concise statement and should not list the specifics to be stated in the paper, and the thesis should be the last sentence of the introduction.