Careers in Finance
Finance is an exciting field
in need of intelligent, skilled people. The job opportunities range from
corporate finance; financial planning; investment banking; insurance;
and real estate from individuals, institutions, government, and
businesses. Finance managers acquire, spend, and manage money and other
Use the Internet and / or Strayer Resource
Center to research career options within the field of finance. Consider
the Bureau of Labor Statistics Website, and the Websites of finance
professional associations such as the Association for Financial
Professionals (AFP), Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP),
The National Association for Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), and
Financial Management Association International (FMA).
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe two (2) financial career options that an individual with a
finance education might pursue and explain the value that such a
position adds to a company.
- Explain the essential skills that would make a person successful in each of the described positions.
- Recommend one (1) of the career options. Identify the most attractive features of the position.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the forms of business organizations and the role of financial managers within an organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in finance.
- Write clearly and concisely about finance using proper writing mechanics.