You have been asked to develop a Database Administration Plan for a local company. The company can be your choice of either a hypothetical example or an existing company. Your document should be in the following format:
- Database Administration Plan
- Use Word
- Title page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Your name
- Table of Contents (TOC), which should be autogenerated
- Maximum of 3 levels deep
- Update the fields of the TOC so it is up-to-date before submitting your project
- Use Word
- Section headings (create each heading on a new page)
- Database Management Statement
- Database Performance and Tuning Plan
- Query Optimization Plan
- Data Warehouse Requirements Analysis
- Data Mining Plan
Each section should have 4-5 pages and 2 references in APA format. I have mentioned section wide description that needs to be written.
Include a database management statement that defines following:
- Identify the database management goals and objectives of the company.
- Align each of the goals and objectives of the company with related database management goals and objectives of the database administrator.
- Identify the nature of the database user’s problems, and define strategies for addressing each of those problems.
Database Performance and Tuning Plan
- Identify the goals and objectives for performance of the database system.
- Describe how atomicity, concurrency, isolation, and durability (ACID) rules will be supported. Then, identify the steps that will be taken to implement atomic transactions.
- Identify transaction anomalies that may occur and how each transaction will be managed through scheduling (serial, equivalent, or serializable).
Query Optimization Plan
- Identify general practices that will be implemented by the database administrator to accomplish query optimization.
- The concurrency control categories (optimistic, pessimistic, and semioptimistic) that will be used and expected performance.
- Methods of concurrency control that will be implemented and the specific steps planned for each type of transaction (specific locking strategies, isolation levels, limits that will be implemented, and major goals of concurrency control mechanisms being implemented)
Data Warehouse Requirements Analysis
- Identify the goals and objectives of the data warehouse, including the specific problems it will solve.
- Detail the specific criteria that will be used to measure the success of the data warehouse and the methods of measurement that will be used.
- Detail what specific data warehouse automation targets will be set.
- A backup and recovery plan with specific steps that will be performed for each type of failure should also be included.
Data Mining Plan
Include a Data Mining Plan that details the following:
- Identify the goals and objectives for access, exploration, analysis, and presentation of data.
- Identify the online analytical tools (OLAP, ad-hoc, decision support system, etc.) that will be needed to accomplish the data mining goals and objectives.
- Identify the extract, transform, and load (ETL) techniques and related tools that will be used to accomplish the data mining goals and objectives.
- Identify the specific business intelligence that will be gathered and how this will support the overall goals and objectives of the company.
Complete the Database Administration Plan, incorporating feedback as needed.