Introduction to Humanities
Week 2: Digital Field Trip Reflection – Ancient Greece at the Met
- Points 50
This week you will take a digital field trip to view the Ancient Greece Architecture Gallery at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Located in New York, the Met offers one of the United States’ most diverse and largest collections of art in the world. Your visit to the digital archive will help you develop your understanding of ancient Greek architectural forms, and provide key details about the contexts that these forms emerged from.
For this assignment you will need to:
- Read the Lecture for the week
- Engage in weekly Discussions to help develop ideas
- Visit the Met Archive at: http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/grarc/hd_grarc.htm (Links to an external site.)
- Produce a two-page reflection assignment (see description below)
For your reflection assignment for this week, please select one primary example from the archive and address the following in a two-page reflection assignment:
- Describe the example you have selected and provide the specific URL and the image
- Explain the origins and context of the example
- Include examples from the textbook this week that help develop your analysis of the work and its context
- Provide a link to a contemporary architecture work to help discuss the influence that ancient Greece continues to have on contemporary cultural patterns
Be sure to submit your assignment.