5pg Paper on Discrimination
Week 2 – Assignment
Discrimination and Harassment
[WLOs: 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2]
The Civil Rights Act of 1991 prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or gender. Over the years, the U.S. Supreme Court has issued several rulings dealing with workplace discrimination and this Act. For this assignment, you will review the Religious Discrimination and Racial Harassment: What Ever Happened to Marshawn DeMur? (Links to an external site.) case study. After you review the case study, address the following:
- Examine the specific issues Maalick encountered in the workplace. Assess whether the actions of other workers at Treton represent discrimination and harassment. Evaluate the elements of law that are important for Treton to consider.
- Assess the actions of the HR director, Marta Ford, in response to Maalick’s situation. Determine what she could have done to prevent the situation and what more could she do to ensure that this type of situation would not occur in the future.
The Discrimination and Harassment Paper
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.