Textbook: The Labor Relations Process 978-1-305-57620-9 you must have access to these chapter before bidding as i do not have them digitally
Review Chapter 9 and Chapter 11 in The Labor Relations Process textbook.
- Write a research brief on the topic of arbitration cases which answers the following questions:
- What factors, other than the facts of the case, can influence an arbitrator’s judgment and decision? Provide case examples that illustrate these factors.
- Do these factors pose a problem? Why or why not? What if anything should be done?
- Have these factors changed during the past 10 years?
- What advice would you give the managers and union representatives based on your research in preparing for an arbitration case?
- Use appropriate section headings to organize your brief.
- Your research brief should be 600-800 words and include a title page and reference page. The paper must use APA 6th edition formatting. You must use, at a minimum, your textbook and two sources from professional and/or peer reviewed journals for a total of three references. References should be at least 3-5 pages and published within the last 3-5 years.
- You must use, at a minimum, your textbook and two references from professional and/or peer reviewed journals for a total of three references. To assist you in locating academic references the Campus Library Services at IWU provides access to an extensive academic library during your degree program. You can access online library resources or contact an OCLS librarian via the OCLS web site: http://www2.indwes.edu/ocls. Also, see OCLS available database resources at http://www2.indwes.edu/business_databases_handout.pdf.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox by the end of the workshop.