You are now ready to work on Step 4 in the design and development of your HRD training program.
Throughout this week’s readings, you discovered the importance of needs assessment or needs analysis. You will recall that there are three key areas of need
Let’s assume for now that we have already conducted our Strategic/ Organizational Needs Analysis and determined where we are going in our training. For your project assignment, create a table in which you outline how you will conduct a needs analysis at the other two levels – the task and person levels.
|In this part of the table, focus on the specific job task you chose earlier. Include a clear, detailed description of the task, conditions, tools/equipment used to do the task. You need to include all materials, supplies, equipment that must be made available to the employees in order for them to conduct this task properly.||
In this part of the table, focus on the individual trainee’s needs. Include a clear, detailed description of the individual areas that you need to focus on. Include weaknesses and areas of improvement, as well as strong points. Remember to touch base on individual knowledge, ability, and skills
After you complete information in the table, answer these questions:
- What types or format of Data Sources for needs assessment will offer you the information that you need?
- Why did you choose this type of needs assessment?
- Who will need the training?
- What type of program will you need to design?
- Are there any roadblocks? If so, what are they and how do you plan to prevent them from hindering the HRD program you are planning?
My Topic is Inter-office memo.