Conduct an interview with your first Entrepreneur and write a report briefly summarizing the interview process, then providing analysis of the answers you received and the lessons you learned or conclusions you arrived to. Provide recommendations on how you can apply the received information in your own Business Plan or career in general.
Create this Report in a form of an essay. Use the Essay Grading Rubric found under the Additional Resources area. Submit by Sunday midnight, EST.
Submit your assignment to the View/Complete link below. Simply click on the link, then type in your comments to the instructor if you have any, click on Browse and attach the Word Document with your assignment from your hard drive. Make sure to click Submit to send your assignment to your instructor. To ensure that the instructor received you assignment, go into My Grades section, you should see “!” sign across the assignments you submitted. As soon as the instructor grades your assignment, the “!” sign will be replaced with your grade.
Conduct an interview with your second Entrepreneur. Feel free to utilize the questions below during your interview. Share the gained insights from your interviews in our dialogue.
- Why did you want to start your own business/purchase a franchise?
- How did you get started?
- What were the biggest obstacles you had to overcome to get your business going?
- What lessons have you learned upon establishing your company?
- How has your faith played a role in your success?
- Where and how do you see yourself in five or ten years from now?
- What advice can you give to others so that they too can become successful business owners in their own right?
- What tools or knowledge would be critical for students wanting to start a business?
- Would you be willing to share your story with other students in the future?