Please follow all directions.
The article links for the assignment are:
For this assignment, you will assess how power imbalances can influence the process of resolving conflict. You will evaluate how power imbalances can impede an individual’s attempt to manage work-related conflict. After completing the assigned readings for this week, write a paper that focuses on power imbalances.
Be sure to address the following items in your paper:
- Present a synthesized meaning of conflict and power.
- Determine how power can constrain or exacerbate conflict.
- Describe the techniques for balancing power.
- Provide an example of ‘power currencies’ that you have experiences in conflict whether it be personal or professionally. Keep in mind the acronym RICE (Resource control, Interpersonal linkages, Communication skills, Expertise).
- Explain how communication be used to mutually establish positive or negative interdependence.
- Discuss ways for leaders to integrate conflict mediation into organizational culture.
- Include examples of scenarios in your analysis.
Length: 5–7 pages, not including title and reference pages.
References: Minimum of five scholarly resources.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy. View the Assess Power Imbalances to refresh your knowledge of how to achieve academic integrity.