***Document is attatched***
The Struggle for Democracy
By Edward Greenberg & Benjamin Page (edition 11 or 12)
Read the chapter and review the G+ guidelines before posting
Your post should include a link to a scholarly or news article and a statement about your link relating it to the course topic
- Make sure you post to our G+ community and not just publicly on G+. You will not receive credit for posts not made to our course community for discussion.
- DO NOT just post a link with no explanation. This will not be counted for points. Specifically tell us how your article relates to the text/topic.
- Your post should include a link to a news article or scholarly article addressing the topic. You can pick an article related to anything in the text chapter we are covering that week.
- The links should be recent. If it’s a news site, it should be in the last month. Scholarly articles can be older.
- I’m pretty open to the types of news sites you use, but please stay away from obvious conspiracies/not news sites (like Alex Jones, for example. I like him, too, but he’s not news.)
- You may also use links to government websites or press releases from officials.
Section 4.1 of the text discusses America’s aging population. As the portion of our population in prime working years decreases, the number of Americans over 65 is increasing. We will likely hit a point when we have more people who are in need of services and less people working to support them, making sure that social security and medicare are hot political topics for years to come. This article is about how many baby boomers are choosing to retire to college towns because of affordability.