View each of the HR Case Study Scenarios.
Answer the corresponding questions on the HR Case Study Scenario Worksheet
HR Scenario 1 of 6: Staffing Management
– [Narrator] You are an HR genralist at Trendy Tech, a technology company in growth mode. Trendy Tech plans on diversifying their product offerings and expanding from their current 100 employees to 500 employees over the next several years. They will be looking for highly skilled technical employees. Your manager, the director of HR, is writing a strategic plan to recruit and hire staff. The director has asked you to help by researching topics. Use this information to answer scenario one on the HR scenarios worksheet.
HR Scenario 2 of 6: Training and Development
– [Narrator] You are a training specialist at Elegant Estates, a property management firm that is mature and has a stable company culture. There is no plan to either increase or decrease staffing in the near future. Your manager, the head of training and development, wants to come up with a training and employee development program starting next quarter, and asks you to research training and development programs, and training methods. Use this information to answer Scenario Two on the HR Scenarios worksheet.
HR Scenario 3 of 6: Employee Relations
– [Lecturer] As an employee relations specialist, you are made aware that John Doe has been unexpectedly absent over the last few weeks. He has not been in contact with his supervisor during these past two weeks, and fellow co-workers have started to make note of his absence. However, on social media, his manager has noticed that he has been quite involved in various activities outside of work. After two weeks, John returned to work. Use this information to answer scenario three on the HR scenarios worksheet.
HR Scenario 4 of 6: Workplace Health and Safety
– [Narrator] You are working in an HR role and have noticed that there has been an increased amount of sick time used from a variety of employees who are complaining that they are stressed out at work. You also notice that workforce production has been declining from several employees. Your supervisor has asked you to research the possibility of introducing a wellness program at work. Use this information to answer scenario four on the HR scenarios worksheet.
HR Scenario 5 of 6: Labor Relations / Unionization
– [Lecturer] You are working in an HR role at a factory where the working conditions have become poor. Employees are feeling under appreciated for the work they are producing, and are even being asked to stay at their desks beyond normal working hours on a consistent basis. Several employees have started to discuss the possibility of forming a union. Use this information to answer scenario five on the HR scenarios worksheet.
HR Scenario 6 of 6: Motivation
– [Lecturer] You are an HR business partner at a company that is resistant to the changes taking place in the marketplace. The company needs to reduce costs, which means eliminating some jobs, but it also wants to increase morale for the key employees that it wants to keep on staff. You have been asked to research the best way to motivate employees in order to increase morale and work productivity. Use this information to answer scenario six on the HR scenarios worksheet.