Select one of the following topics for your paper:
- Juvenile Violence
- Community-Oriented Policing
- Police Pursuit
- Use of Force
- Domestic Violence and Elder Abuse Policy
- Human Trafficking Policy
- Organized Crime Policy
- Prescription Drug Abuse Policy
- Cyberspace/Technology Policy
- Mental Health response for Law Enforcement personnel
- Addressing Mental Health issues in court
- Mental Health treatment in corrections
- Reducing prison overcrowding
- Hiring and Retention practices of Criminal Justice agencies
- Training and Education of Criminal Justice workforce
Write a 2,100-2,800- word paper in which you research the relevant statistics, facts, resources, and public opinions to develop your own local, statewide, or federal policy related to your selected topic.
Include statistical, factual, and public opinion history information which supports your policy claim.
Identify all stakeholders (e.g., politicians, judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, correctional officers and administrators, law enforcement officers and administrators, victims, law-abiding citizens, etc.) and their opinions as it relates to your proposed policy and how politics may impact its implementation.
Provide policy recommendations and the rationale for these recommendations and their impact on contemporary criminal justices issues and globalization.
Cite your references properly consistent with APA guidelines.
Note. In addition to the University Library, the National Criminal Justice Reference Service has many articles reflecting contemporary criminal justice policies.http://www.ncjrs.gov