For this case study, you are asked to (a) read the International Chamber of Commerce’s Cybersecurity Guide for Business and (b) watch three scenario segments from the “Scenario Based Planning” session at the 2015 Global Conference on Cyber Space. After you have done so, develop your answer to the question: How can we improve global cooperation in response to cybersecurity challenges in cyberspace?
Your audience for this case study is a panel session at a conference attended primarily by industry representatives from U.S. companies. Your task is to prepare a two to three page white paper which summarizes your response to the question. [This paper would be provided to session attendees in advance of the panel discussion.]
1. Watch the Scenario Based Planning video from the 2015 Global Conference on Cyber Spacehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kyj2HBqDyM
a. Start of Session is at 5:05:00 on Live Stream Channel #1 (or click on “Scenario Based Planning” menu item in lower left hand corner of video at startup).
b. The three “scenario videos” (approx. 6 mins each) occur at the following times in the livestream channel recording:
i. 5:11:00 – 5:17:30
ii. 5:35:30 – 5:41:30
iii. 6:05:30 – 6:12:10
c. End of Session is at 6:28:00
2. Review the recommendations from the International Chamber of Commerce Cybersecurity Guide for Business http://www.iccwbo.org/Data/Documents/Digital-Economy/Cyber-Security-Guide-for-Business/ICC-Cyber-security-guide-for-business/
3. Find three or more additional sources to support your answer to the case question.
Using standard terminology (see case study #1), write a two to three page response to the panel question. At a minimum, your summary must include the following:
1. An introduction which addresses the reasons why cooperation on a global basis is required to address cybersecurity challenges. This introduction should focus on political, economic, and social factors.
2. A separate section in which you discuss the business need for cooperation on a global basis. This discussion should include examples of global, multinational business which operate in cyberspace and the cybersecurity challenges each business faces. Use the “global” companies from the Industry Profile Project as your examples. These companies include: Amazon, Apple, eBay, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Oracle Corp., Priceline, Salesforce, Twitter, and Yahoo.
3. A separate section in which you identify and discuss three or more specific cooperative efforts (e.g. alliances, associations, public/private partnerships) which currently exist. These may be industry specific, national, or international efforts.
4. A closing section (“Recommendations”) in which you identify, discuss, and recommend three or more specific actions which global businesses as a whole can take to improve cooperation within and across industries for the purposes of addressing the cybersecurity challenges which you previously identified. This section should provide an overall answer to the general question: How can we improve global cooperation in response to cybersecurity challenges in cyberspace?