I want to hav this type out from “an oppressive eyes” point of view being able to disagree with most points buit still understanding and able to agree with others.
Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which the student answers the
following three (3) items using headers to separate each item:
- Discuss either two (2) civil liberties or two (2) civil rights events (past
or current) that have influenced a sense of social responsibility in the
American government today. Provide examples to support your answer. Note: In
your response, consider how the events influenced the way state, local or
national political leaders or agencies responded in a socially responsible or
ethical manner toward the community.
- Discuss two (2) media events (past or present) that have positively and or
negatively influenced the public’s opinion of a government agency. Provide
examples to support your answer. Note: Consider how a news story or media
coverage of an event positively or negatively changed the public’s opinion (or
perception) regarding how responsible a government agency should be towards
meeting the needs of its customers; i.e. the American people.
- Discuss two (2) differences between the Republican and Democratic parties
that may have an ethical impact (positively or negatively) on the American
people. Provide examples to support your answer. Note: Consider the different
ideals, values, morals, and/or goals held by the Republican and Democratic
parties, and their different views on the ethically or morally right way to
govern and make the best policies for the people they serve. Determine if your
example presents any type of ethical concerns for or against the public interest
of the American people.
In your research, you cannot use Wikipedia, online dictionaries, Sparknotes,
Cliffnotes, or any other Website do that does not qualify as an academic
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are
- Identify informed opinions on issues and questions involving the U.S.
government, national political processes, policy making, and the notion of
- Employ terminology used to study political science and American
- Distinguish between civil rights and civil liberties in the context of
Supreme Court protection of freedom of expression.
- Develop reasoned written and spoken presentations on issues and questions
involving the U.S. government and national political processes using information
in the course.
- Explain how the federal system of government works.
- Explore different perspectives on issues and questions about the U.S.
government and national political processes.
- Describe the importance of an informed, effective citizenship for the
national government and political processes.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the field of
U.S. government and politics.
- Write clearly and concisely about U.S. government and politics using proper