Ethics in Writing
Safe Assign is a measurement of ethical writing. It measures how much of your writing is NOT your own words and sentences. Writing that is not your words and sentences is referred to as “unoriginal content.” It is measured by Safe Assign as a percentage of the total words and sentences in your Assignment. For instance, a Safe Assign score of 18% means 18% of the paper was unoriginal content.
Go to the course.
– From the INFO tab, scroll down to the Additional Resources section near the bottom of the page. Download the “Safe Assign and Resources and Tips for Success” document.
– From the Strayer Writing Standards tab, review the standards.
PART 1 – Safe Assign
Post your response to the following:
– What is the maximum percentage score an assignment can earn from Safe Assign and still be acceptable for grading in this course?
– If a submission earns a Safe Assign score of 57%, will the submission be graded?
– Can a submission with a high Safe Assign be reported to Academic Integrity?
– If a submission has a Safe Assign score that is too high, what must the student do?
– If a submission is revised due to a high Safe Assign score, and the revision is still to high to receive grading, what are the two possible grades that student can earn?
– If a student wishes to see their Safe Assign report after the paper is submitted, what must they do to obtain the report?
– What impact do quotations have on the Safe Assign score?
– What is the best way to lower a Safe Assign score?
– Why might a submission be submitted to Academic Integrity?
PART 2 – Ethics in Business
Have you witnessed unethical practices in the workplace?
– If so, share your experience with the class and explain how this impacted your perception of the business.
– If not, find a current example of unethical business practices, share the source, and explain how you would have handled this situation differently.