psychology ( final)
In addition to providing entertainment, films provide detailed portrayals of social behavior. Your task in this final project is to analyze — from a social-psychological perspective — the behaviors and events depicted in one of the films listed below. This project is designed to give you the opportunity to apply theories of Social Psychology to practice.
Film choices:12 Angry Men
Pride and Prejudice
Brown Eyes, Blue Eyes (documentary)
Note: If you have another movie/documentary that you would like to present, discuss with me for approval.
Specifically, you will demonstrate your understanding of the following social-psychology concepts:
· Social interactions based on theories of human behavior
· Basic levels of what motivates behavior and how behavior informs understanding of others
· Themes of social interactions
· How prejudice and racism impact human interactions
How do you do that?
§ Select a film from the list below. Watch the film, in its entirety. It may require watching it twice so that you are able to observe social-psychological concepts depicted in the events or individuals in the film. Take notes. Specifically, you want to look for how that concept is used and how it contributes to the storyline/scene.
§ You will describe different social-psychology concepts (17 listed below) you have found in the movie you have chosen. For each concept, describe a scene that you believe is relevant, ensuring that it aligns with your understanding of the social-psychological concept.
- Provide specific examples of occurrences in the film from social thinking, social influence, social relations, and other psychosocial domains. Remember you are not watching the movie for mere entertainment. Rather, you should view the movie with curiosity and attempt to connect your chosen movie to the psychological content you have studied in the course.
§ Specifically, you must detail in your slides that depicts one of the terms below.
Terms to present on PowerPoint:
6. group dynamics
7. hostile aggression
8. instrumental aggression
11. prosocial learning
12. relational aggression
15. social influence
For full credit, the presentation for your final project should:
1. Be a minimum of 18 slides (title slide + 17 slides for terms)
2. Include proper spelling/grammar
3. Include images and/or animations to supplement the words on the slide.
4. Must be submitted on time; Late assignments will not be accepted.
NOTE: If you are unable to obtain one of the movies listed please contact your instructor for guidance and to see what options are available to help you complete this assignment.