https://expertpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Untitled-2.png 0 0 paul https://expertpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Untitled-2.png paul2023-02-21 09:43:492023-02-21 09:43:49Disorders of the Sensory Systems
Disorders of the Sensory Systems
Read Chapters 6 and 7 of your text. Then, select a disorder of the sensory system to discuss. You must choose a different disorder than your peers. If you would like to focus on a disorder that is not on the list, please get prior approval from your instructor.
Select a disorder of the sensory system from this list.
- Anton’s syndrome
- Balint’s syndrome
- Gerstmann’s syndrome
- central achromatopsia
- apperceptive agnosia
- associative agnosia
- object anomia
- alexia without agraphia
- hemispatial neglect
- phantom limb pain
- Capgras syndrome
- tactile agnosia
- cortical deafness
- pure word deafness
- receptive amusia
Conduct research and locate two peer-reviewed articles to support your statements. In your post
- Explain the symptoms of the disorder.
- Describe how the diagnosis is made (e.g., findings on brain imaging, laboratory testing, etc.).
- Discuss the neurobiological basis for the disorder (e.g., CNS structures involved and neurotransmitters).
- Describe the functional deficits associated with the disorder including how these may impact the patient’s ability to carry out activities of daily living (e.g., occupational, social, recreational).
- Cite your sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center .