Consider a topic and problem for qualitative study
Consider the topic and problem you might choose for your signature assignment to the following question
PhD is being obtained in Business Administration with a concentration in Organization/Industrial Psychology
• State the research problem and ensure it is supported by at least 3 to 5 scholarly resources within the past 5 years to ensure relevancy. Also keep in mind that your problem statement should reflect your degree (applied or PhD). How could you use qualitative methodology to address your research problem?
• State the purpose of the research effort. Make sure the purpose is aligned with the problem.
• Draft 2 to 3 research questions that would be appropriate for a qualitative study and addresses your research problem and are aligned with your purpose statement.
• Identify and discuss a design that is associated with qualitative methodology that you would consider to answer your research questions.
• You will find that some problems lend themselves to using one methodology over another. A goal of this assignment was to have you explore how a qualitative methodology might help you address your research questions. You will have an opportunity later in the course to explore other methodologies. Based on your analysis above, do you feel the use of a qualitative methodology and your chosen design is best suited to address your research problem and answer your questions. Why or why not?
Be sure to use scholarly sources to support all assertions and research decisions.
Length: 3-5 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.