can toto help?
Codes of Ethics
Using the Taneka case scenario from your Unit 2 assignment, apply two Codes of Ethics from our professional bodies (using the most current codes). One needs to come from NCDA and the other can be of your choice from the suggested list in this unit’s studies. Embellish the case as you need to in order to apply two ethical codes to the case. For example, you can say that the counselor is starting to have romantic feelings towards the client. State which code would apply (ACA, A.5.b), and how you would handle the situation. Make sure you use both codes (NCDA and, for example, ACA).
Use your Career Counseling text to read the following:
- Chapter 12, “Career Counseling for Individuals with Disabilities,” pages 281â€“295.
- Chapter 8, “On Being an Ethical Career Counselor,” pages 206â€“219.
Use your Using Assessment Results text to read the following:
- Chapter 4, “Ethics and Assessment,” pages 44â€“52.
Use the Internet to complete the following:
- Read the U.S. Department of Education’s, Office for Civil Rights’ FAQ page, “Protecting Students with Disabilities,” for a review of Section 504 and the Individual’s with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Read the U.S. Department of Labor, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Read the National Career Development Association’s Code of Ethics.
- Read another professional source’s most current Code of Ethics. For example, you could use any of the following as your professional source: