- Read Campbell v. Thomas, 897 N.Y.S.2d 460 (N.Y. App. 2010).
- Research your state law on annulment.
- In a two-to-three page paper discuss the following:
- What does your state law say about annulment after the death of a spouse? Provide the citation for any laws that you are relying on.
- Why did Nidia have the right to take an elective share of the estate, despite the annulment of the marriage?
- How does the court avoid giving Nidia the money, despite her statutory right to an elective share?
- Do you think criminal sanctions might be appropriate in a case like this? What criminal statutes in your state apply and why? provide the citations.
- MY STATE IS ALABAMA