A) Review van Cleave (2016) Chapter 3. If we need to make complex inferences, what intellectual virtues does Van Cleave argue we should employ? Discuss an example from your professional or personal life where these virtues would help strengthen your ability to make logical inferences.
(Van Cleave, M. (2016) Introduction to logic and critical thinking. Retrieved from
B) What misconceptions often rise around the idea of a scientific theory? What are the characteristics of good scientific theories?
C) Review Van Cleave (2016) Chapter 3. Look at the example of Linda the bank teller (p. 175).
Now answer the following questions:
- What is the conjunction fallacy?
- Where have you committed this fallacy in your professional or personal life?
- What steps can you take to recognize and change your thinking?
- Your document should be roughly 300 words.
- Include one or two scholarly sources that are not required or recommended for the HUM 101 course. The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources.