writing at least 250 words on the following:
Analyze a contemporary piece of writing that people in the world would be interacting with today (as opposed to a historical example). This might be a billboard, advertisement, piece of junk mail, web page or blog post, article, product description, pamphlet or flyer you’ve received, etc.
In your submission, include a link or a picture of the writing you will analyze. You might consider the following:
- Use of facts (or lack of support for claims)
- Use of ethos, pathos, or logos
- Use of rhetorical strategies such as alliteration, rhyme, parallel structure, allusion, etc.
- Word choice such as precise verbs and connotative meanings
- Ways the writing is tailored and/or could be revised to fit the given medium or genre
- Ways the writing is tailored and/or could be revised to fit the intended audience