Research and Critique a Qualitative Study
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, be sure to have read all the required resources for the week.
Locate a peer-reviewed qualitative research study in the Ashford University Library on the topic you chose in Week One for your Final Research Proposal.
Is Attention Deficit Disorder a Neuropsychological Problem? This is what I had picked you can use this as the topic I will upload the article
Pauli-Pott, U., Dalir, S., Mingebach, T., Roller, A., & Becker, K. (2014). Attention deficit/hyperactivity and comorbid symptoms in preschoolers: Differences between subgroups in neuropsychological basic deficits. Child Neuropsychology, 20(2), 230-244. doi:10.1080/09297049.2013.778236
Wåhlstedt, C., & Bohlin, G. (2010). DSM-IV-Defined Inattention and Sluggish Cognitive Tempo: Independent and Interactive Relations to Neuropsychological Factors and Comorbidity. Child Neuropsychology, 16(4), 350-365. doi:10.1080/09297041003671176
You may choose to use a qualitative study that was included in the literature review you used in the Week One assignment by searching the reference list for qualitative research studies on the topic. It is also acceptable to utilize a qualitative research study on your topic that was not included in your literature review.
Once you have located an appropriate qualitative study, identify the specific qualitative research design used. Summarize the main points of the study including information on the research question, sampling strategy, research design, data analysis method(s), findings, and conclusion(s). Evaluate the published qualitative research study focusing on and identifying the researcher’s paradigm or worldview and any evidence of reflexivity described in the report. Explain whether or not potential biases were adequately addressed by the researchers. Describe how the researchers applied ethical principles in the research study.
The Research and Critique a Qualitative Study
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one peer-reviewed source from the Ashford University Library in addition to those required for this week.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.